*BestOnTests.com is reader-supported. When you buy through Amazon and affiliated sites links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission (at no extra cost to you). Learn more.
I made shots with a lot of bows, but Cajun Sucker Punch is the best bowfishing bow that I could find for its price. This lightweight and durable 3.2 lbs.bow provide a great draw weight of 50 lbs. and it comes with a 60% let-off module.
- 1 Best bowfishing bows On The Market in 2020
- 1.1 1. Cajun Sucker Punch Bow – Editor’s choice
- 1.2 2. RH Advanced PSE Bowfishing Package
- 1.3 3. Scuba Choice Palantic Archery
- 1.4 4. Parker Stingray open sight crossbow
- 1.5 5. Arrow Precision Frenzy Bowfishing kit
- 1.6 6. PSE Kingfisher
- 1.7 7. Muzzy Vice Bowfishing Bow
- 1.8 8. PSE Archery Mudd Dawg
- 1.9 9. Gen-X Cuda Bowfishing Bow Kit
- 2 Choose the right bowfishing bow for your needs
- 3 Where to find bowfishing bows for sale?
- 4 Necessary bowfishing gear
So I wanted to help you choose the perfect bow for your needs and give you some good recommendations for it.
Best bowfishing bows On The Market in 2020
1. Cajun Bowfishing Sucker Punch Bow
2. RH Advanced PSE Bowfishing kit
3. Scuba Choice Palantic Archery Bow
4. Stingray Open sight Parker Crossbow
5. Arrow Precision Frenzy Bow
6. PSE Kingfisher Bowfishing kit
7. Muzzy Vice Bowfishing Bow
8. PSE Archery Mudd Dawg
9. Gen-X Cuda Bowfishing Bow Kit
I took some time to review the bows I used, as well as to test some new ones in order to make your choice for the good bow easier.
These bows may come in countless variations with all sorts of equipment and features, so it’s good to get to know it a bit better before spending your hard-earned money.
This compact bow measures 34” from axle to axle and it weighs only 3.2 lbs. thanks to the stunning lightweight design that makes it look almost steampunk.
The draw weight of this Cajun bow is 50 lbs. and the length ranges from 17” to 31”. It comes with a constant draw module and a draw specific module that allows you a 60% let-off option.
The deep cam design on this model prevents derailment, while the safety reel system protects you from snapbacks.
This Ready to Fish (RTF) package comes with Fishing Biscuit arrow rest, Cajun hybrid bowfishing reel, blister buster finger pads and 2 white fiberglass arrows with piranha penetration points.
Cajun sucker punch bow is available in right and left-handed version.
- Compact and easy to use
- Comes with 2 draw modules
- Complete bowfishing package
- Quality made and good looking design
- No place for sight
All these extra features like AMS reel, 2 Sure Shot fiberglass arrows, and AMS safety slides make this one of the best recurve bows on the list.
The AMS Reel #310 is one of the top bowfishing reels on the market, coming with 25 yards of strong 130# line. You will also get two great Sure Shot arrows with Penetrator fish points and AMS safety slides to prevent snapback.
This way you’ll always have a spare at your hand for critical situations. I had to stop fishing a few times because I had only one fiberglass arrow.
You will get a great set for a lot less than you would have to pay for everything individually.
- All in one bowfishing package
- 2 arrows included
- Great recurve bow
- Comes with AMS Retriever
- Arrow rest could be better
It’s great that you can find a fishing bow for a very affordable price, especially if you don’t have a lot of money intended for it.
When it comes to shooting power, this bow has a draw length of 26”-31” with the draw weight of 40 lbs. and it launches arrows at the speed of 250 fps.
It’s made for right-handed hunters and it’s 38” long, with the brace height 6-1/2”. You also get no let-off thanks to a great cam system with CNC machined wheel.
- Torpedo Tip arrow included
- Great starter bowfishing package
- No arrow rest
- Only right-handed
The crossbow comes with an open sight for better aim and significantly helps your chances of hitting the bull’s eye.
This amazing 7.5 lbs crossbow has adjustable draw weight, ranging from 100 to 125 lbs. It may be one of the priciest items on my this list, but it’s quite reasonable for such an advanced crossbow.
With the draw length of 34.25” and a stroke of 10.5”, it can shoot the arrow at 150 fps.
When it comes to the design, the body is very sturdy and it comes with a Fishouflage camo helping you stay unseen easier.
- Powerful and easy to use
- Adjustable draw weight
- Includes AMS retriever
- Safety and anti dry-fire system
- High price
5. Arrow Precisi
If you still want a low price offer but don’t like the first bow, you might want to check this piece.
It’s a quite lightweight and compact bow weighing only 3.6 pounds, so it’s easier to carry it around and fish longer.
What I like is that it provides a very smooth draw with a draw weight of 40 Lbs. making it enjoyable for beginners too.
With bowfishing, you will often need to be very quick on the draw, that’s why this set has an F4 wheel system that allows you to make quick-release snap-shots. The full draw length, however, extends to 31”.
You also get a textured non-slip grip, which will add even more to your performance.
- Quick snap-shot system
- Compact and lightweight
- Needs better instructions
6. PSE Kingfisher src="https://bestontests.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Cheap-bowfishing-bow.jpg" alt="PSE Kingfisher" width="300" height="264" />If you are looking for a simple, affordable bow, without extra features, then this PSE Kingfisher may be the right for you.
This model weighs almost 5 pounds and its dimensions are 36.5” x 6.2” x 2.2”.
This right-handed, durable bow has a draw force of 45 Lbs. and is made of very quality fiberglass raiser and limbs.
The bow’s design includes a neat all-season camo finish, helping you blend in all year round.
To prevent snap-backs, there’s a convenient new Snap Shot arrow rest made of high-grade stainless steel and aluminum parts.
The Kingfisher PSE comes with a front mounting reel with 50 feet of 80 lb test line.
- Really affordable
- Strong and durable bow
- All season camo design
- Arrows not included
- String is loud
7. Muzzy Vice Bowfishing Bow/bestontests.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Muzzy-Vice-bow.jpg" alt="Muzzy Vice bow for fishing" width="350" height="385" srcset="https://bestontests.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Muzzy-Vice-bow.jpg 350w, https://bestontests.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Muzzy-Vice-bow-273x300.jpg 273w" sizes="(max-width: 350px) 100vw, 350px" />Muzzy knows how to make a good bowfishing bow kit, helping you get everything you need to start shooting fish. Its sturdy build and a design that’s bound to stand out, make it quite popular.
With 30” in width, Muzzy Vice is not really compact, but it makes it up with its lightweight of only 3.8 pounds. Besides the bow, this kit includes finger guards, XD Pro reel with 150’ of 150lb of line and a fish hook arrow rest.
Neatly designed draw module allows you to adjust the draw length from 24.5 to 30 inches in half-inch increments. This way you can easily adjust it to your skill level.
When it comes to drawing weight, it ranges from 25 to 55 pounds with 7 options. Deep grooves in drawing cams prevent derailing and keep the shooter safe.
- Attractive design
- Adjustable draw length
- Full bowfishing kit
- Right hand only
8. PSE Archery Mudd Dawgntests.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/PSE-Archery-Mudd-Dawg.jpg" alt="PSE Archery Mudd Dawg bow for fishing" width="350" height="358" srcset="https://bestontests.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/PSE-Archery-Mudd-Dawg.jpg 350w, https://bestontests.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/PSE-Archery-Mudd-Dawg-293x300.jpg 293w" sizes="(max-width: 350px) 100vw, 350px" />Something special comes from PSE Archery with their Mudd Dawg bowfishing bow. Recommended by many professional fishermen, it’s one of the best kits that you can find.
You can adjust the draw weight up to 40 pounds to accommodate different skillsets of archers. It provides consistent and accurate shots with impressive power.
The durable design of the bow and the stainless steel hardware help the bowfishing bow survive even the toughest conditions. It measures 32” axle to axle and weighs only 3.2lbs, making it quite easy to handle and carry around.
Thanks to its bowfishing-optimized BF cam, Mudd Dawg is one of the best bows for snap shooting. The draw length of this bow goes up to 30”.
- Sturdy design
- Very lightweight
- Adjustable draw length and weight
- Easy to handle
- Arrow is poor quality
9. Gen-X Cuda Bowfishing Bow Kitom/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Gen-X-Cuda-Bowfishing-Kit.jpg" alt="Gen-X Cuda Bowfishing Kit" width="350" height="400" srcset="https://bestontests.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Gen-X-Cuda-Bowfishing-Kit.jpg 350w, https://bestontests.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Gen-X-Cuda-Bowfishing-Kit-263x300.jpg 263w" sizes="(max-width: 350px) 100vw, 350px" />Cuda by Gen-X is an amazing bowfishing bow suitable for the most affluent fishing pros as well as aspiring newcomers.
The company incorporated the flagship Gen-X progressive let-off technology to their bowfishing bows and hit great success.
The bow can be adjusted between 25 and 40 lbs of bow weight to suit all sorts of archers. It also includes finger savers for snap shooting or less skilled archers.
When it comes to drawing length, it spans from 21″ to 30” and it provides you with an effortless draw-cycle.
The bow itself is 35 1/2” wide and it weighs only 3.4 pounds, placing it out of lightweight range. Speaking of handling, Gen-X Cuda is available for both left and right-handed shooters.
The complete kit comes with a fiberglass arrow with safety slide, arrow rest and a Zebco 808 bow Fisher reel with a 200lb line.
- Suitable for newcomers
- Allows snap shooting
- Smooth draw-cycle
- Complete bowfishing kit
- A bit heavy
Choose the right bowfishing bow for your needs
Choosing among all thes
Choose the right bowfishing bow for your needsonal gear you need. When it comes to rests, you can choose between roller and hook type. The draw weight for fishing bows is usually low and the bows don’t really have much let-off if any.
Bows are usually assigned to either traditional or compound bows. Traditional can come as longbow or recurve bows. While compound bows are more technical bows that come with systems that make it as easy as possible for the hunter.
Where to find bowfishing bows for sale?
Bow fishing can usually be found
Where to find bowfishing bows for sale?armories. However, you usually don’t have a lot of choices there and the price is a bit higher than when you buy online.
When buying online you can often find a great compound bow for sale and you can also compare prices between the sellers and sites. Most of the times I get a good deal on Amazon. They have great customer support and really low prices and you can often come across some actions and discounts.
Necessary bowfishing gear
Bowfishing can be a really simple and straightfor
Necessary bowfishing gearneed to have some basic knowledge of bowfishing gear. This is the equipment that you will usually have to have:
- Bow: Of course, the bow is the essential item and your experience will depend on it the most. Most of them come with designs and features to make it easier for you. They’re also quite a few sets on Amazon where you will get all you need at once.
- Arrows: The most common material for arrows is fiberglass and they are much stronger and heavier than traditional bows. You can also get aluminum or carbon arrows for bigger prey.
- Reel: There are usually three main types of reels: The Hand Wrap reel which is the most inexpensive one but not great for quick shooting; The Spincast, which offers faster retrieval speed and faster shooting and The Retriever, which is most easy to use and great for all skill levels, but it also comes at a higher price.
- Line: They can range from 80 to 600 pounds and the three most common materials are Dacron, Spectra, and Nylon.
That would be it, you can get pretty great bowfishing gear within all price ranges, depending on your budget. Hopefully, these reviews will help you a lot to choose the right bow whether you are a beginner or not.
I want to make sure that you get the best bowfishing bow for your money and make every shot count as easy as possible.
If I missed anything in these reviews, let me know in the comment section.