If you’re too tired to go through the list, I would recommend the “URPOWER Solar Lights 8 LED Wireless Waterproof Light” right away.
This light gave the best result in terms of brightness and power.
- 1 Best bowfishing lights for muddy water for the money
- 2 How to choose bowfishing lights for muddy waters
- 3 Pros and cons of bowfishing light bulbs
- 4 Conclusion
With so many of them claiming to be the best bowfishing lights for muddy water, it becomes an uphill battle to decide on which product to get in the end.
Muddy water bowfishing, in particular, is where the need for a proper light is most crucial. Due to the availability of various lights in the form of LEDs, Halogen, and HPS (High-Pressure Sodium), it only becomes more difficult for you to decide.
Best bowfishing lights for muddy water for the money
To help you decide which lights are actually the best bowfishing lights for muddy water, I have tested over 10 different lights and picked out the top 5.
In order to be successful, you will need your light to penetrate through the thick and barely visible water. Yellow color lights perform best in muddy waters, while in clear waters white lights are a better choice.
I have only decided to cover 5 of the best bowfishing lights because too many products would just add to your dilemma. Also, these are the only five products that are worth mentioning, and of course they give you the best value for your money.
1. URPOWER Solar Lights 8 LED Waterproof Light
The URPOWER solar light is probably the best bowfishing lights for mud water that I tested out of the 10 different lights. It performed well beyond my expectations especially in terms of light penetration capability.
What adds to its excellent light power capability is the fact that it runs on solar power and not to forget its waterproof feature. Other products that run on the generator can sometimes prove too much inconvenience as you have to carry a generator on your boat.
That is why solar powered URPOWER LED wireless waterproof light is such a powerful and convenient light as well.
One of its most unique and practical features that I found most intriguing is its capability to identify day and night lighting conditions automatically. It automatically brightens up or dims itself depending on your lighting environment.
- Extremely bright with the help of 8 LEDs
- The lifespan of LEDs is over 5 years. This is more than capable of giving you an effective working duration of more than 50,000 hours.
- Its automatic switch does the job of switching ON or OFF depending on the lighting conditions due to its inbuilt motion sensor.
- It has a flexible sensing angle of 120 degrees
- The light batteries require a significant amount to charge up (2-3 days) before you can use it effectively.
2. EVER LE 100W Super Bright LED lights
The Lighting Ever aka LE 100W as the name suggests is the best bowfishing light for mud water in terms of its brightness level.
With an outstanding brightness capacity of about 10150 lumens, it provides clear bright light without any significant shadow development or dizzy lights. The light performed really well under minimal lighting conditions.
That, of course, includes night lighting conditions and mud water visibility.
The light also provides more powerful and efficient lighting as compared to that of the traditional Halogen lamp. It saves you about 60% of energy consumption which means that you don’t have to worry about bowfishing for long durations with it.
The light is fully waterproof so you won’t have to worry about any unprecedented accidents that may result in dropping the light in the water.
- It has excellent heat dissipation mechanism that prolongs its working lifespan
- The quality of the overall light is solid and durable
- It is available in two different Wattage ratings 100W and 200W
- It offers a flexible adjustment up to 150 degrees
- Its weight is rather heavy for a portable light
3. RAB Lighting FF150 High-Pressure Sodium Light
The RAB lighting FF150 may not be the most powerful or even the brightness of all the products that I’ve listed out, but it definitely does produce the right colors for muddy water.
The brightness level isn’t something that I can complain about, but it really feels like LED lights just are more efficient in terms of power and brightness ratio.
The RAB lighting has an input rating of 120V which is the normal output power of any power supply socket or your portable generator.
The RAB lighting construction is light-weight and also corrosion resistant. This makes it an easy process to carry it around your boat for mud light bowfishing.
Some additional features are:
- It features a tempered glass lens for housing the sodium bulb to ensure optimum durability
- It has horizontal and vertical position adjustments
- The hinged lens provides easy access
- It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage
- Well built and durable
- The brightness is not as efficient as LED lighting
4. GLW 50W IP65 Waterproof Light
This light has an output power rating of 50 Watts that is capable of producing up to 5150 lumens of brightness. It is also available in two different sizes: warm white and daylight white.
The GLW 50 watt also features IP65 waterproof rate to ensure that you can carry it with you for bowfishing purpose without any fear.
It also features a yoke-style arm to allow more convenience for installation purpose.
Some of its additional features are:
- They provide about 80% power saving capability
- The lifespan extends to about 50,000 hours of effective working duration
- It has an extended beam angle of about 120 degrees
- Excellent value for money
- It comes with a warranty of 1.5 years
- Available in two different sizes
- Provides efficient lighting up to 5m
- The light may underperform as compared to other products due to its low cost
5. 6K LED 427S Square LED Light – Best budget option
It will do its job well, but don’t expect it to perform with the same efficiency as other products that have been mentioned above. But, at its pricing, there are really no other products that can perform better than this.
The light comes in a pack of 4 each with the output capacity of 27 Watts. It is also a very simple and easy step to install or mount the lights on any surface depending on your needs.
They provide brightness power of up to 2150 lumens which is just okay considering its price.
The most crucial aspect is its waterproof capability as most lights in its price range don’t even think about it. The lighting performance overall is also better than other halogen lights that may even cost more.
Some of its additional features are:
- The unit consists of 9 different LEDs with an output capacity of 3 Watts each.
- The whole construction of the light unit is sturdy and durable
- It gives you excellent value for money
- It’s water resistant capacity is just amazing at its pricing
- Its mounting brackets doesn’t provide much support due to its lightweight
How to choose bowfishing lights for muddy waters
There are several important factors that you have to consider before considering buying a bowfishing lights for muddy water, such as:
- Price to performance ratio
All the lights won’t perform the same due to their different power ratings. But at the same time, you need to consider how much you’re spending. Make sure that you don’t overpay for an average bowfishing light. If you’re paying high value, its performance must be the best overall.
- Power and brightness
Depending on your needs, you need to examine the light’s power and brightness factor. Some lights are just too fancy and don’t perform at all when it comes to providing the required brightness. For muddy water bowfishing in particular, brightness should be your absolute priority as you deal with minimal vision.
- Type of lights
Consider the types of bulbs/ light source that the bowfishing light uses, Whether it is LED, Halogen or High-Pressure Sodium. LED light generally provides more convenience and a long working lifetime. Halogen lights usually require a significant power source to start, and HPS lights require large generators as well. Depending on your needs you can decide on which lights gives you the best result.
Pros and cons of bowfishing light bulbs
- They are easy to transport
- They can run on batteries without any external power source
- LED lights are usually available in different power wattage options
- They are more energy efficient than its counterparts
- Excellent for small-scale bowfishing requirement
- LED lights cost higher
- They are very sensitive to temperature variation
- They are not effective in terms of large bowfishing requirements
- Halogen lights are extremely energy efficient
- They provide full power instantaneously
- Uniformly distributes light in all direction
- They are excellent for detecting various colors
- Their effective running duration is short
- They produce excess heat
III. High-Pressure Sodium Light
- HPS lights have the best power output and performance
- They are more affordable as compared to LED lights
- HPS lights are temperature independent
- They effectively give long-range vision
- They have longer life duration
- They require a bulky power source to power up
- They are extremely hazardous if they come in contact with water while they are connected to the power source
The above-mentioned bowfishing lights for muddy water are amongst the best bowfishing lights for muddy water on Amazon. Depending on how serious your bowfishing expedition is going to be, consider all the different lights and their primary aspects.
Not every product will give you the best lighting result, but that’s all dependent on whether you bowfishing is going to be a small affair or a large scale fishing experience. You can always go to Amazon if you’re interested in finding more bowfishing lights as well.
Before you leave, let me know if you have any questions. Just post them in the comment section and I’ll help you out.