*BestOnTests.com is reader-supported. When you buy through Amazon and affiliated sites links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission (at no extra cost to you). Learn more.
Since it’s an outdoor toy, people often forget to clean their trampolines and many don’t know how to clean a trampoline properly. With all the debris, rain, dirty feet, and hands, your trampoline will get messy quickly.
A clean trampoline will not only last longer, but it will be much safer for you and your family. Dirt on the trampoline will make it wet and slippery, and the mat will wear out and tear much sooner.
Not everyone knows how to clean a trampoline properly since many people don’t think it’s that important in the first place. I’ll show you exactly what techniques and chemicals to use to make your trampoline sparkling clean and safe for use.
How to Clean Trampoline Mat Step by Stephough cleaning a trampoline mat can seem like a huge chore, it’s much easier than most people imagine. I want to show you how to clean trampoline mat step by step, so you and your family can play safely and get the most out of it.
Preparation:trong>Prepare by removing the safety netting – If your trampoline comes with a safety netting, make sure to remove it in order to clean the mat properly. Only start sweeping after you remove the safety netting.
Start scrubbing:your cleaning solution ready – Fill a large bucket with warm water and add 30 ml of dish detergent into it. Stir it up gently to get it all mixed up until it starts foaming.
How to Clean a Trampoline Fr
How to Clean a Trampoline Frame & Nettingfull wp-image-1266" src="https://bestontests.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Cleaning-trampoline-netting.jpg" alt="Cleaning trampoline netting" width="300" height="215" />It’s always a good idea to first clean the frame and netting before you clean the mat. If you clean only the mat, the dirt and debris from the frame and netting will fall off and get the mat dirty again soon.
People forget about them too often and then wonder how did they mat got dirty so fast. In order to know how to clean a trampoline frame and netting, you should realize you have two options.
The first option is to get a strong hose or a car-washing attachment and spray it as it is. Go around the frames thoroughly so there’s no hidden dirt left.
The second option is a bit more complicated, but also more effective. It includes taking the whole frame and the netting off in order to scrub it by hand.
You can also protect the frames with a rust inhibitor once you take the net down. Make sure to dry off the frame and the net properly once you’re done.
What Not to Do
It’s easy t
What Not to Doare not 100% sure how to clean a trampoline. I want to go over some of the most common mistakes that people make.
- Don’t use strong chemicals – They can damage and degrade the mat materials and even wear out the UV resistance of the mat. Avoid cleaners with bleach at all cost.
- Avoid power washers – Power washers will easily tear a hole in the mat. Even if you use just a hose, make sure that you use it on low settings. Alternatively, you can use a bucket too.
- Try not to clean on a wet or cold day – Your mat needs to dry out as fast as possible, so you need to have a lot of solar heat.
It sounds obvious, but a lot of people have made these mistake, so I want to make sure you don’t do the same.
How to Keep Your Trampoline in Top Condition
How to Keep Your Trampoline in Top Conditiond to know how to keep your trampoline in top condition to make it last as much as possible. Here are some tips that will help you keep your trampoline in mint condition:
- Put the trampoline mat or the whole trampoline away when not in use. Especially during the fall and the winter.
- Clean the mat often. The mat is the first part to deteriorate if you don’t keep it clean. Dirty mats are also very dangerous to use so you have more motivation to clean it regularly.
- Cover your trampoline with a weather cover. Even if it’s UV resistant it can still be damaged due to sun exposure. Also, a cover will make the trampoline stay clean longer.
Now that you know how to clean a trampoline, take care of it and it will bring a lot of fun to you and your family for years to come. More importantly, you will make sure that your trampoline stays safe at all times.